If you have been reading my latest posts, you’ll know that I’ve been using the 21 day fix extreme exercise program for several months now and have been having a lot of success losing weight by following the portion control guide and working out each day. For this reason, I obviously love Autumn Calabrese and trust her judgment on what exercise to do to best lose weight. When I discovered that she was releasing Country Heat Dance workout this summer, I was kind of shocked!
Autumn is known for her athletic based, almost boot-camp style workouts with the 21 day fix original and extreme program. But her newest release is set to be more of a dancing, cardio style workout. So why would I got for this when I have her other options available? I’m going to break down my personal opinion of her new program and how it compares to her popular 21 day fix workout programs and help you determine which is best for you!
How Exactly Does Country Heat Help You Lose Weight?
This new exercise program is focused on burning calories by dancing. It’s as simple as that. I don’t think people realize how many calories you can burn while dancing. If I ever go to a night club, I love to bring my FitBit to track how many calories I’m burning while on the dance floor and am always shocked at the end of the night. Dancing is a great way to get your heart rate up and you can endure it longer than other forms of exercise because it’s FUN. Of course, you need to enjoy the music while doing it.
That’s to say, that Country Heat is packed with country tunes and that is NOT for everyone. I’m not a huge fan of country music personally so it will be interesting to see how I do during this workout program but I do love dancing and the odd country song and the track lists in her workouts are pretty decent – “Save a horse, ride a cowboy!” for one!
The Pros of this Exercise Program:
- Workouts are short and sweet: Only 30 minutes long each
- You can burn calories at low-medium intensity making it a good option for those who are new to exercise or potentially have weak/bad knees and can’t do a whole lot of squatting/jumping
- It’s a non-traditional form of exercise and feels more like “just having fun” than actually working out
- Great upbeat and fun music if you enjoy country tunes
- You can do these workouts with a friend or two or even your kids!
- No difficult choreography, literally anyone can do and follow these moves
The Cons for Me Personally:
- A bit too “easy” if you’re an avid exerciser or very experienced and used to doing plyometrics high-intensity interval training
- In this case, this program would make a great “extra” workout to do on days when you don’t feel up to doing a really intense workout or even to throw in an extra 30 minute workout at the end of the day
- So very “country”! If you’re more into hip hop or pop music, this won’t be for you. It’s very much tailored towards those who love all things country. The music, sets and even clothing are very “country” so if that’s your thing, you’ll love it. If not, you’ll probably loathe it! I personally can take a bit of country here and there so I won’t mind doing it once in awhile.
- This program is cardio-based and doesn’t use weights or resistance. I love the way my body looks when I lift weights or use resistance bands so I’d never be able to restrict myself solely to this workout program unless I was combining it with another strength-training routine.
Do I need to follow a nutrition guide with these workouts?
Like all of Autumn’s other exercise programs, she also includes the 7 color coded portion control containers with this workout set. That is quite simply because it’s a proven system that WORKS. If you do only the exercises and eat whatever you want, you won’t lose weight. You’ll only maintain if you’re lucky or you might just gain weight slower than you would without exercising.
The only true way to success is to combine both nutrition/diet with an exercise program. So if you are burning 300 calories per workout and also eating the right calorie bracket each day to create a large enough weekly deficit, you WILL lose weight.
When is the release date for this program?
Country Heat has finally been released this month and is now available to order either the base kit or deluxe kit, both of which are available by ordering from Amazon and reading reviews to make sure it’s the best option for you! Let me know how you like it!